NATS Weekly #44
Published on Sep 19th, 2022
Week of September 12 - 18, 2022
️ 💁 News
News or announcements that don't fit into the other categories.
- As noted in last week's newsletter, NATS server v2.9 was released on September 9th. This past week introduced a handful of client releases which add support for server features (see below) as well as the announcement post!
- In the interest of getting broader reach and being more impactful, the time spent writing up responses in the "Recently asked questions" section of this newsletter will now be spent updating the official NATS or Synadia resources, such as documentation, examples, and guides. This section has been replaced with a new "Resources" section which will highlight new or updated resources with an appropriate context around the driving question or use case.
Official releases from NATS repos and others in the ecosystem.
Blog posts, tutorials, or any other text-based content about NATS.
Github Discussions from various NATS repositories.
- nats-server - Is the consumer holding too many config?
- nats-server - KeyValue Revision is KeyStore wide? How can we cherry pick from a single key history?
- nats.go - How to pull from a subject?
- Added a section for the supported operating systems and architectures. The canonical location for released OS/arch combinations is under the assets section of the latest release.
- Updated the docs to the current set of configuration fields available for streams.
- Added the
server_tagsfield to the configuration docs.
- Started an issue to write docs around expanding and contracting a cluster. Please contribute your thoughts and use cases!